Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dinner Next Door and more Ruca Malen...

Although the pace of life is much different here than in the US, my days seem to be going quickly. It was nice to receive a dinner invite and I so enjoyed meeting everyone who lives in the house nextdoor. (Pathways Argentina I beleive it is called)



Conner was the cook for the evening and did a fantastic job. He made a delicious teriyaki style marinade for the "asada" and served it with a nice stir fry rice with vegetables. I think he is the resident pro in the kitchen. I hope to cook with him in the future

I enjoyed being at a family style dinner table with the chatting and bantering. After dinner I was treated to recording of each persons music that they had composed. Each had a unique style and all were quite talented. Even Rich,the house Dad, and his son had recorded a song together. I was impressed by their talent and passion for music. A gentleman named Craig joined us also. A retired American music teacher who has taken up residence here in Mendoza. It was an entertaining and informative evening.

It was not easy to get up for work the next morning, (dinner is usually around ten o'clock here) but I made it to the plaza by 9 and was back at Ruca Malen for another days lunches. It seems that the owner, after having had lunch the other day wanted a sweeter desert - so we switched from the quince mousse to a dolce de leche mousse. I am having fun practicing the the little caramel toppings. Soledad is a pro at them...I need to practice.

The mousse is served on a little cookie atop a dollop of dolce de leche sauce, garnished with the little dots of a malbec reduction.

I have to admit that I was sneaking the dolce de leche sauce and putting it in my coffee.

I couldn't help it!
Buenas noches

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mi prima,
Wow, so impressed with you and your adventures in Argentina. Can't wait for you to come cook for us. Que rico!
Love your blog its so fun to see all you do.
Chaucito, Marco and Dawn

Ginna Traina said...

How am I ever going to cook for you again???