Monday, October 13, 2008

Living in Mendoza

Here in Mendoza, the morning ritual is to clean your front sidewalk. Each house has it's own unique tile or slate design on their front walkway and the people here are very particular about it's upkeep. I cautiously walk to the plaza each morning being extremely careful not to slip on the wet tiles. There is no such thing as liability here. I have to be on my toes so I won't be on my back!
Most mornings are a toss up between walking in the street and risking getting hit by a car, or taking my chances with the wet tiles. Life's a gamble.

I'm doing better than mi amiga, however.
I just heard from my dear friend Virginia, (Taylor-Made Tours) who I will be meeting in Buenos Aires soon, and it seems she took a little spill and broke her foot! Now the pressure is really on . We certainly cannot have both of us hobbling around Argentina!

Virginia, no more stilettos while cooking en la cocina!!



This morning when I reached the plaza, it was filled with a camera crew, school children waiting to do something, and a band. I'm not sure what the occasion was but it seemed like a "Good Morning Argentina" type show that was about to be broadcasted from the Plaza de Indenpendencia .

My ride arrived before the camera started rolling so I never did learn what the hubub was about.

When I was dropped off at the end of the day - all was back to normal.



The fountain still runs pink and I was lucky enough to catch this rainbow reflecting through the spray as I walked back home from work.

Buenas noches.

2 comments:

gail221 said...

I don't want to live vicariously through you - I want to live what you lived! Since we parted this afternoon, I've thought about you and the journey you are on. I'm inspired, while jealous at the same time! We have such similar passions, and you've inspired me to continue to follow my passions. Maybe I will visit Mendoza!
Gail in Missoula

Margaret said...

Do you have a website or another blog that continues to document your "adventure"? Is there a way I can contact you directly? I am considering doing the same thing you did and need some advice!!! Fantastic blog...you are my hero!

Margaret