Monday, October 6, 2008

Kitchen Hopping...

I don't know where this past week and and a half has gone. In fact I lost track of the date. I put in another couple days back at Ruca Malen after working at Belasco De Baquedano then had a Sunday free. It was great to have a day to sleep in, take a nice long run at the nearby park, then stroll around. Even though I had lost track of the day, I knew it was October because a few days previous they had colored the water in the fountain in the Plaza de Independencia bright pink for recognition of breast cancer awareness month. Evidently the fountain will run pink all month.
I found a nice spot and treated myself to a liesurely lunch, savouring my day off. The next morning I was back at Ruca Malen.


The van stops daily for gas, actually propane, and we all have to pile out. I guess it is the law or else no one wants to be in the van if it blows up. Anyway, we all hang out or buy snacks then pile pack in. Here's the gang on the right. They are a great bunch of hard working young kids. They are patient and kind to me which makes my days easier. I am really enjoying getting to know each of them.

It is an interesting routine.
Buenas noches.

4 comments:

Ginna Traina said...

You get day off??? Yeh!
Thinking of you...
xo

Anonymous said...

What else happened on your day off?
The weather looks good. Miss you. I see Sara tomorrow for her talk at Mission and then we are going to dinner together.
How will you ever come home? It looks great!
xox M

Steve said...

we miss you here but it sounds like you are getting some fascinating experiences!


Steve

Anonymous said...

Hey B! Tell the girls you have a single,attractive, educated, funny, amazing, sarcastic, handsome friend named Sergio who also cooks in CA. Thanks.

P.S. I also have an excellent FICO score.