Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back to Melipal.

Needless to say, I slept in the next day. I finally decided to get up around eleven. I went for a run, showered, then decided to treat myself to lunch at my favorite restaurant in Mendoza. Azafran is its name. It is small and quaint, a wonderful menu, no wine list but a beautiful walk in cellar that you are invited into to choose the wine for your meal. I sat outside and savored a sampling of cheeses, a wonderful Sauvignon Blanc and a Cesaer type salad with baby goat. I talked to my server about my stay here in Mendoza and at the end of my lunch the executive chef came out to say hello and introduce himself to me. His name is Pablo Ranea and after talking for a little while he asked if I would like to come and work with him while I was here in Mendoza.
I almost ran home and got my knives right then!
I told him I would need to talk to Lucas and Guillermo and if they were good with me finishing my hours at Azafran - I would love to.
I skipped the whole way home.

The next morning I was back at Melipal (pictured above) where I was to finish up my remaining hours. I was scheduled to work there Thursday, have three days off then work the remaning week at Melipal. There were only a few lunches that day but we had plenty to prep for seeing how there was a full dining room on Friday. I was happy to be back at Melipal. Such a relaxed atmosphere. I worked with Ferdinand who is so kind and appreciative of my help. I am convinced that Ferdinand makes the best bread of anyone I have met so far. He has a knack of getting the texture just right. I was able to fully experience the menu and the new dessert.The day was slow paced and smooth and as we were finishing up the days service Guillermo came by. I was able to ask him about Azafran and he said that would be fine. They would miss me but working at Azafran would be a good experience for me.
So ends my days at the bodegas.
Buenas noches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! You are some cook girlfriend. They are all lucky to have you. Will you be ready to return to dull America?
Love Minda