Friday, October 24, 2008

Milanese with the Montero Family

I awoke with a new energy. Three days off followed by two days working at Azafran then ...my working days here in Mendoza are over! It's hard to believe that I have been here for almost two months.
Today I was invited to have lunch with Dolores's (Tasting Mendoza) family. She has been talking about her Mother's famous Steak Milanese ever since I first arrived. Her Mom hosts a family lunch every Friday and today finally (my first Friday off) I am lucky enough to be a part of this weekly family gathering. Pictured above (from left to right) is myself, Loli, Canty, Matias, Dolores, Jose and Lucas.
I didn't realize how much I missed my family until I was with one.
Especially this one. They reminded me so much of my own family who all thoroughly enjoying getting together over a meal. My Mom also cooks a dinner once a week for whoever happens to be around.


Amidst the family banter, the teasing, (yes, the grown kids tease their mothers here also!)the serious talk of politics and world events, and of course, little Milo, who was Dolores's nephew running around demanding attention from all - I felt right at home. Milo was too busy to be in the group photo as well as his Mom, Fabi who was just as busy trying to keep up with him!


The setting was beautiful. Dolores's parents, Canty and Loli's lovely home is on the second hole of a golfcourse. (Both are avid golfers) Our outdoor lunch was picture perfect.The food was delicious. The salads were fresh, beautiful and tasted of summer. The steak Milanese lived up to the rave reviews that Dolores has been given it, (actually I hear her mom has become quite famous here in Mendoza for this dish), the potato puree delicious and the flan that Loli served for dessert was out of this world.











A perfect day with a wonderful family.
I thank you Dolores for including me in your family lunch and thank you Loli and Cany for the wonderful hospitality.
If I lived permanently in Mendoza, this is where I would want to be on Fridays for lunch!
Buenas noches.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Hola Beth!
Soy Loly, I just stop by Dolores house, and she showed me all about your page, you know Im not good with computers, though I wanted to thank YOU for sharing this day with us! We had a great time, and I hope you can come back with your family so we can share more time together, even playing golf!

Thank you for the nice commments about us, it was our pleasure to meet you!
My best wishes for this coming year for you and tyour family
Un beso grande! Loly