Thursday, October 2, 2008

Balasco de Baquedano

I worked in a different location today.
Balasco de Baquedano.
An absolutely beautiful view from the dining room. This Spanish style winery was closed for awhile due to some owner disputes and changes and is now reopening.
Andre is the chef here and spoke absolutely no English. We managed just fine -seeing how there was only a few guest today. He was so nice and easy to work with.
The menu is similar to Ruca Malen though with a slight Spanish flare.
Lucas was there and showed me the plans for the new kitchen. The new kitchen will have the most spectacular view of any kitchen I can imagine. There will be an opening in two weeks that will be followed by a dinner for about 200 people. I couldn't quite capture this spectacular view because of the light. I will try again next time I'm here.


Andre and Lucas were working on the menu for the opening as well as a new menu for the lunches. I think the plan for me is to finish another week at Ruca Malen then work here as they prepare for this event.
Andre helped me with my caramel technique. I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

Buenas noches

3 comments:

Ginna Traina said...

I loved Ruca Malen! You lucky duck!
Thinking of you and missing you but glad you're mastering the caramel sauce as that is my fav....
xo

Anonymous said...

Dulce de leche!! Yum!! What a fantasy you are living. i agree with Ginna- I will never be able to cook for you again.
xoxo Minda

Anonymous said...

Beth,
What a beautiful spot! I love it that you got along fine in the kitchen with neither of you speaking each other's language. Charades?

Missing you and loving that you are having this adventure!

Love,
Judy B