Friday, February 15, 2008

Essential Skills 2 - More Vegetables

We finished up our vegetable run with Brussels sprouts in Pecan Butter, Parsnip puree - piped into cute little spirals, and braised celery hearts, which I had never had before, and to be quite honest wasn't too excited about it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked them. I'm sure the Basil Beurre Blanc that we made from the braising liquids and served over it helped. No pictures today. No matter how many shots I took I didn't seem to be able to quite capture the beauty of braised celery.

I like going to the movie on Friday afternoons with my girlfriends. I think I was going a little vegetable crazy today when the new Veggie Tales Movie appealed to me. I couldn't talk my friends into seeing it. They wanted to take me for an In Out Burger after the movie to bring me back to my senses.

I am looking forward to beginning Potatoes on Monday.



Goodnight

No comments: