Friday, February 1, 2008

Essential Skills 1- Beurre Blancs, Compound Butters adn Coulis

I think Chef Parker likes Fridays (and football). He was in a really good mood today, joking around with us, calling us names. I have to remember now that I'm back in school that name calling from boys is endearing. (Some things never change, though “culinary sea hag” really doesn't sound good.) There was talk of the upcoming Super Bowl and I, in my honesty, couldn't pretend to be excited. Hey, I'm not a football fan. So Chef dubbed me an un-American culinary sea hag. I can safely say he likes me.


We made up some compound butters, a red pepper coulis, and then practiced a Beurre Blanc and Beurre Rouge. I felt that today our class was really having a good time and starting to feel comfortable with each other. I think we might be bonding!
I'll be spending the weekend practicing for our first “practical” next week. Oh no, another test.
Goodnight.

No comments: