Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Culinary Shool Day Three - Serve Safe

I've made it through Wednesday. It's downhill from here. Two more days and then a three day weekend. An extra day to study for the final and two glorious days to sleep in.

Today's class was a bit distracting. Students in the kitchens next door were bustling around getting ready for their final. At eight o'clock Chef "Doug" came in and invited our class to come into the banquet room to view the Pastry student's final exam projects. We were welcome to come in during our 11:0 am break. Trying to focus in on the lecture was difficult while my peripheral vision kept picking up students coming in and out of the kitchen carrying mysterious masterpieces.

Finally, we were released to go have a look at the displays. It was like nothing I have ever seen. I wished I had my camera because words cannot explain the beautiful array of breads, cakes, and pastries I had the privilege of viewing. I even thought of maybe switching from Culinary to Pastry. But only for a minute. I knew this art form wasn't my gift, though I was awed and inspired by these students work.

Each student was able to invite guests to see and taste their creations. I thought about stowing away my uniform and impersonating a invitee but our instructor came in and gave us the two minute warning that Safe Food Flow video was about to start.
Yawn.
Practice test tomorrow and four more chapters to read!
Goodnight.

2 comments:

Sara S. said...

Sounds like they are keeping you busy! Its almost Friday!!! yay. I can't wait to hear more! Keep writing!
sar

thepinkspoon said...

I heard it was a little hard to get up this morning...

I can't wait to see what day 4 brings!