Thursday, January 17, 2008

Culinary School Day Four - Serve Safe

I had to make my own coffee this morning. Only day four and my husband dropped the ball.

Oh well, it was nice waking up to coffee for the first few days. I should have known it wasn't going to last. I accidently "on purpose" left the bathroom door open while I blew dry my hair just to make sure he knew I was up.

I endured the last day of lecture and the last "scary video" of yet another hazzard in the food indusrty. This one focused on the big bad egg buisness. Thank goodness for Dateline out there trying to keep people honest and eggs safe!

Another lucky day. One of the culinary classes were having their Garde Manger banquet!! Instead of just veiwing the displays, we were invited go through the buffet line. (I finished my practice test early so I was able to go through the line a few times--being prepared pays off!)

Looking at all the beautiful dishes I would soon be learning to make really got me excited. I had to taste them all.

Salads, wonderful little sandwiches, cured and smoked meats, sausages, cheeses, pâté, terrines.
I even managed to sneak out a sampling of some of the pâté and terrines I had missed on my rounds.

I knew after today that I was in real trouble. I came home and before I could talk myself out of it, I went for a long run.

It's all about balance.


Goodnight.

2 comments:

Peggy's Blog said...

OMG! I just got your blog. This is SO GREAT. Of course we all know you're already a wonderful cook, now your a writer? I so admire you. I'm really looking forward to reading this. Have fun, Beth... and bon appetit.

mindagkraines said...

You are sooo cool. You must write memoirs of this experience!! You are the perfect student and I am sooo impressed. Can't wait to taste your samples!!!