Friday, January 18, 2008

Culinary School Day Five - Serve Safe


There is something about Fridays that just lifts your spirits. Knowing that you made it through another week and anticipating a long leisurely weekend ahead of you makes getting up at 5:30am not so bad.


My last day of Serve Safe. That's enough to lift anyone's spirits. We finished up our final chapters and reviewed the whole unit. The school was hosting a state culinary competition that weekend (yes, cooking has become a sport - they even have the Culinary Olympics) so there was some visiting chefs that were at the school to judge the contest.

One of the chefs(Charles M Carroll) gave our class, along with the other culinary and baking classes in progress, a motivational speech promoting his new book (pictured above).


Leadership: Lessons From A Chef
Finding Time to be Great


He was a phenomenal speaker. Inspiring and motivating. I left that day pumped up and ready to go. Bring it on! I was ready to take that test, get in the kitchen and start cooking!

In my eagerness to "give my all" I found myself volunteering to help out at the competition the next morning...



So much for sleeping in on Saturday.



Goodnight.

1 comment:

jtanoota said...

Congrats on finishing week 1. Sounds like it was an info packed week for you. Watch out how you volunteer so quickly though...you need that rest! Plus you need to get out on the bike with me on Saturday's! I miss my cycling buddy.

Judy