Monday, January 14, 2008

Culinary School Day One

I didn't sleep at all. My husband told me, after the tenth time that I woke him up telling him I couldn't sleep, not to worry, he said I have never slept through the night in our thirty years together and that I have always managed to make it through my day. I hate his calm logic.



The thing I love most about my husband is that he gets up before me and makes the coffee. It really is special when someone serves you a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee upon waking.

I showered and dressed (yes, I did lay my clothes out the night before), then stumbled out to the kitchen to pack my books and get more coffee before heading out.

A simple card and and a shiny new travel mug greeted me at the coffee pot.

Let your Dreams take flight.

I think my husband was more excited than I was for this next venture. I thought fondly of him as I made my way down the street, sipping my coffee until the new mug leaked down the front of my new clean white chef's jacket. Thank goodness I had three of them.



Five hours of lecture on the dangers of food contamination. No test. That won't happen until next Tuesday. I guess I had it wrong. Oh well, being over prepared is good. It did make for an long lecture though.

I came home exhausted and took a nap. Now I understand why my kids needed a nap after school! It should be mandatory.



Four more chapters by tomorrow morning.

Who has time to cook? I had to break it to my husband that we needed to go out to dinner. It might be awhile until he reaps the benefits of my new venture!

Goodnight.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations on your first day!
Food contamination makes you want to quit eating.....
Good luck, eat out, get some reading glasses.

Sara S. said...

Congrats on your first day and glad you didn't have to take the test. I love your blog!
Sara

AnnaKStern said...

I think it is so cool that you are going to culinary school!! It seems as though you are an A+ student... reading chapters 3 times...GO MOM! By the way you are a really good writer, I laughed out loud in the computer lab multiple times! Good Luck on your second day!
P.S. you and dad are too cute