Monday, September 22, 2008

Spring in the Valle de Uco

I woke up to sunshine and this beautiful bird chirping outside my door. He sat there for most of the morning while I had my coffee. I have no idea what kind of a bird it was – but it was definitely singing about something or maybe just happy for a beautiful spring day. It feels a little odd to me that it is springtime again for me. This year I will pretty much miss fall altogether and experience two springs - one in the States and one here in Argentina .


Martin was nice enough to pick me up this morning. The crew seemed a bit tired this morning. I think most everyone had gone out the night before. Seeing how it was Saturday night. I know Federico did, they were teasing him about being hung over.
We had 12 lunches today. Martin had me plate quite a bit which was fun.
It was pretty uneventful. TGIG was in the air.
Martin brought me home and I spent the afternoon and evening studying my Spanish. My internet was down and I did get a bit lonely. No phone, no car, no TV, radio or internet.
Well this sunset was better than any of those things.

My first day off is tomorrow. Erica and I are going to go on a tour and have lunch at Andeluna Winery.

(Checking out the competition!)

Buenas noches

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. How are the empanadas treating you? I bet you are a pro at them at this point? Is Eric still there? Miss you adventurous woman!!!
Love,
Minda

Bethina425 said...

Empanadas are delicious!
Eric left last Wed.
I wrote to Guy....
Thanks for reading my blog.

Anonymous said...

Beth- Ola from San Jose!!!
What an adventure!! Its fun reading your blog. I can only imagine what it would be like, thanks for sharing!! Take care, Jackie

Ginna Traina said...

Beautiful pictures Beth...

Bethina425 said...

Jackie,
I knew you were out there!!!
Can't wait to tell you all about it in person!