Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good-bye La Tupina

I walked to Altus this morning (7 Km). A quiet and lonely road. It took me about an hour. This was a small bodega that I passed on the way.


Erica met me at Altus and we headed out to the Andeluna Winery for a tour and lunch.
It was a beautiful winery built new in 2003, to look like an antique bodega. Mr. Lay (of Frito Lay) is the owner.
The restaurant just opened a few months ago and was wonderful.























Erica and I enjoyed the food and wine. Erica especially enjoyed checking out the competition. She had yet to eaten there.
Two to three hour lunches with wine pairings are exhausting!!
I wanted to just come home and take a nap.
I was pleased to have internet back up when I returned and was able to catch up a bit then I received a message from Guillermo that Lucas would be picking me up at 8 in the morning. I was to be packed and ready to go! Lucas was teaching a cooking a lunch around here for some people then he would bring me back to Mendoza with him.

I was just settling in here and feeling at home in this posada and at La Tupina!
I hope I get a chance to stop by and say goodbye to everyone.
It will be exciting to come back and see the posada finished.
Someday.

Goodbye La Tupina
Buenas noches

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather looks great. The Andes look awesome. Who is Erica? Where are you off to now? What a life you are leading dear friend!!!
Love,
Minda

Ginna Traina said...

I wanna go...I wanna go....
I bet they're glad you're there with them!

Anonymous said...

Hola, muy interesante tu blog. te felicito.

Lorno