Monday, April 21, 2008

Nutrition and Healthy Cuisine

More healthy cooking. I'm starting to feel like I did when we were in essential skills two. Too many vegetables. The boys in the class are getting a little rambunctious. They were starting to wear on me today. Having had four daughters, I'm not used to this boyishness. They are great when Chef is around but as soon as he leaves they're back to food fights and towel snapping. Some of them are so young. I suppose it's a good balance to my intensity. Keeps me from being too serious.
I forgot my camera today so hopefully Nick will come through and send his shots. If not, you'll never see how the Wild Rice Succotash looked. Or how my roasted ratatouille didn't looked roasted. Or how a Potato Rosti with Celeriac doesn't look that much different from a regular potato Rosti.

(Nick just came through with some picts but this is the only non blurry one)

I thought I would really like nutritional cooking but I don't. You have to worry too much about all the fats and oils.
In moderation is my motto.

I miss butter.

Goodnight

No comments: