Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Breakfast Cookery - Chicken Fried Steak, Polenta

This dish (pictured on the right) that we made this morning was featured at a International Association of Culinary Professionals breakfast a few years ago. Breakfast Polenta Crostini with Ham and Wisconsin Asiago. Topped with a sun-dried mayo, my first impression looking at the recipe was so so. Upon tasting this dish, my whole attitude changed. It was absolutely delicious.


We made a chicken fried steak, with milk gravy. A definite old fashioned artery blocker. Tasty as it was, I felt the need to go have my cholesterol checked after class. Especially on top of all the eggs I have been consuming.

We made a few different types of hot cereals and some granola. I've never made granola before and after today I'll never buy it. Easy and fantastic!






The bakery angels came in with a darling little dessert that not only looked great but tasted wonderful. The meringue"hive" was filled with strawberry ice cream.
The bee was to cute to eat!

On leaving today, I realized that the final was tomorrow - not Friday! Things are moving too fast. I guess it will be omeletes and waffles for breakfast - again!


Goodnight.


1 comment:

Ginna Traina said...

Woa, woa, woa....Wait a minute...You have bakery angels????? I want to taste the bee hive dessert. That looks good!