Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Garde Manger - Banquet Preperations

Most people were in the kitchen before six this morning. I thought I would walk around and get some shots of everyone's various "bites' being prepped. Wrong. I took one picture of the green beans (above) that Glen blanched and the pork bellies (below) then never had an extra minute.












The recipes I was personally responsible for were:

Duck Consomme and Won Ton Shooter
Diced Tropical Fruit and Shrimp Salad
Crisp Asparagus Rolls with Cheese and XO Sauce
Japanese Beef Salad Rolls.

I diced, sliced, blanched and rolled my heart out until it was time to set the room up. We finally finished by 6. At least I did. I still had 36 Lemon tartlets to make that night. Even though dessert is not officially part of our banquet, we decided to have a few things.
A few others stayed longer and set out the platters and labels as to what went where. We all agreed to come in at 5 the next morning so we would have plenty of time to do final cooking and assembly and be ready!!!

Thank goodness that this is the last banquet I'll be doing. Hats off to those in the industry who choose banquets as a career.
I certainly won't be. It's crazy!

Goodnight.

1 comment:

thepinkspoon said...

YOU still had 36 lemon tartlettes to make? Ha!

I'm proud of how hard you worked for this. Your dishes were fantastic!