Friday, March 21, 2008

Garde Manger - More Salads

Today we made some of the more traditional salads.
We were able to add our own creative flair when plating the Nicoise which was fun.
We worked in teams. Glen and I drew out a little diagram on how we wanted our plate to look. It came out very nice. Every one's did.

















The Caesar we made was very traditional. Garlic, anchovies, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, crouton and of course, Parker Sauce!
The Cobb Salad was also very traditional. Chopped roasted chicken, diced bacon, diced tomatoes, hard boiled egg, and crumbled blue cheese.


The last salad we made was my favorite. It was a crab and avocado salad that was layered and molded with some fresh tomato salsa between the layers of the crab mixture and avocado mixture. Served with some fresh red and yellow pepper coulis, it looked beautiful and tasted delicious.

Inspirations as summer approaches.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

glen said...

wow what a pic of me! all kinds of sweaty and delicious. haha. no wonder i passed for a crackhead at the easter family slide show. j/k. mad love beth

Kimbo said...

Beth, I'm obsessed with salads lately. Dying to know the actual recipe for the Ceasar salad. And again, I offer my taste buds for all non-meat and fish testing you should need! Great work.

Bethina425 said...

Kim,
I'll get the recipe to you.