Friday, June 27, 2008

Trying to get my Ducks in a Row

Here is my menu for the final on Monday. I did a dry run on Thursday and went over my time by 30 minutes. I'm a bit nervous about that. I worked on a few things today then we all had to buff out the kitchen. The team competition tryouts are being held in our kitchen tomorrow morning. On Sunday I'll go back in and completely prep for Monday. I start at 7:4o and have 3 hours to cook and 1/2 hour to plate.


“Having your Ducks in a Row”



Amuse Bouche
Parmesan Pudding with essence of duck
served with a Fava Bean and Sweet Pea Sauce and
topped with a Crumbling of duck “quacklings.”


Warm Duck Confit Salad
Salad of mixed greens, roasted beets and pickled onions
topped with crispy Yukon gold potatoes and shredded duck confit,
dressed with a classic French vinaigrette, and
served with an onion, apple and brie croustade.


Duo of Duck
Roulade of Duck Breast wrapped in chard
served alongside a Duck Mousse and Wild Mushroom ravioli
with a Madeira Morel sauce and
garnished with a julienne of leeks and sautéed baby carrots.



“A Cherry on Top Ending”
Marsala sabayon with dried cherries and nougatine
served ice cream Sandwich- style
between two sablé biscuits and a fresh cherry sauce.


You guessed it. My theme is duck and I never want to eat it again!

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Beth!! I'll be thinking of you Monday morning while I am having my cafe vienna!!
Jackie (quack, quack)!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth

Best of luck to you on Monday. I know you are going to do fantastic! Never doubt yourself! YOU ROCK!!!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Good job today B!

Bethina425 said...

Thanks Jackie and Judy!
Goodluck tomorrow Serge. You'll do great.