Monday, June 2, 2008

Regional Cuisines - Germany

Back by popular demand, Sergio takes center stage this morning with a demo on German cuisine. I tried to get an action shot of him but it turns out he's a poser! Go back and check out May 26 (Japan) and you'll see what I mean. He's worse than my youngest daughter who changes her picture on facebook more than her mind,which is pretty often. Behind that sweet smile is nothing but trouble.
Though if you feel like German food, he's your man.
He made some country style ham hocks that were fantastic! He braised them in beer and served them with some bread dumplings (similar to a matzo ball) that he poached. He also made a classic German potato salad that was very good.

Serge, you did it again!

After that it was Wiener Schnitzel, Hasenpfeffer (rabbit stew) and German Meat Balls.

All that was missing was the beer and sauerkraut.
Well, maybe just the sauerkraut.
I think most of the class managed to get some of Serge's leftover beer.

Goodnight

4 comments:

Ginna Traina said...

The only German food I ate as a child was hot dogs and sauerkraut (out of a can). It was not until I actually went to Germany did I find out what real German food was.
This looks incredible. Did you tell him what a great friend I am and that I would LOVE some of his dumplings???

Bethina425 said...

I did.
Serge??????

Bethina425 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

*wiggles eyebrows suggestively*