Friday, June 13, 2008

Regional Cuisines of the Americas - Texas

BBQ Brisket or Bust.

This is what Texas is all about. Andrew began his demo with a Texan style creamed spinach then busted out with this slow cooked brisket that he and Chef put together the night before.

The thing about BBQ sauces is that nobody really likes to give out their recipe. Chef is no exception. He kind
of tells us. But leaves out a few details.



This brisket was everything it was supposed to be and more. I'm not sure how much of this was influenced by Andrew, but he did a darn good job of carving.




Andrew's spinach? What can I say. He sure is cute though!




We added to the array of Texan dishes by making a tortilla soup, Lone Star Chicken Fried Steak, and then had a chili cook off between Sergio, Nick, and myself.


Nick won.
I thought mine was better. Nick said I was a sore looser.

Goodnight ya'all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all know who really won the chilli cook off...me!