Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gearing up for the Big Day

I have not quit school or disappeared. Just stressed. It is getting down to the wire. Only 5 more days of school left. I have had no time to replay this past week of regional fare because every waking minute is spent on working












on all the components of my final. My menu is set and has been approved by Chef. I made the entire meal for the Taylors on Saturday night and with a few critiques and tweaking they gave me a thumbs up. I'm trying to figure out how I can sneak Virginia into the kitchen to be my sous.

The Traina's have slipped off to Italy....can you believe it? In my greatest hour of need. If they only knew what they have been missing. They did get a preview before they left but what's that compared to gallivanting around Tuscany. They are probably sitting in a quaint piazza, drinking wonderful wine and eating delicious pasta as I write and cook and sweat.
Ciao you bums.

These next couple of days will be working on my timing and execution. I'll do a few practice runs in the next couple of days.
Check in tomorrow, I will have my final menu posted. I hope.
As for the blanks of this past week, I will fill them in soon.

Goodnight

2 comments:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

good luck! Break a (chicken) leg!

Bethina425 said...

Thanks you guys!!
It helps to know someone out there is cheering for me. In this case it's break a duck leg!